With Optune, you can determine the status of a booking.
It can either be "Request", "Pending", "Confirmed", "Completed" (i.e. paid) or "Canceled".
Instead of having to message artists to inform them, you can simply adjust the status of the booking. The artist will then be automatically notified about the update you've made to the booking, and they can see its status and track its progress.
- Where to change the status.
- Normal process of a booking and the meanings of the statuses.
1. Where to change the status.
Either from your "Dashboard" or in your "Bookings" page, select a booking for which you'd like to change the status.
You're now at the "Booking Overview". From here you can see all of the booking details as well as the status of the booking in the upper right of the page.
When you click on the drop-down menu located to the right of the status tabs, you're given the five different aforementioned options for marking the booking status.
2. Normal process of a booking and the meanings of the statuses.
- The first status option is "Request". This is used to notify the artist that a promoter or venue has been in touch regarding a potential booking. The artist should review the details and reply.
- The default status of a new booking is always "Pending". The booking is neither confirmed by the artist nor paid - you just received the booking request. If you like, you can already enter all of the relevant information about the booking request into your Optune account, and simply mark it as "Pending" until the gig is confirmed.
- The third status is "Confirmed". The booking has been confirmed by the artist and is definite. The artist is still not paid. The information about the booking isn't yet shown in the public feed (until it is published).
- The fourth status is "Completed". The booking has been fulfilled and paid.
- The fifth status is "Canceled". Unfortunately, the booking had to be canceled for some reason. You can still re-open and adjust this status at anytime should more positive action be required.
Finally, the Publish button allows you to share the booking or keep it visible only within Optune. When published, it's shown in your artist's public feed, and therefore in their public calendar, facebook tab "Upcoming Shows" and public gig website.